(English) What is an Implant?
(English) An implant is an artificial tooth root that is inserted into your jaw bone to hold it into place for a new tooth or bridge.
Implants are an option for patient who:
- Are in good health but have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or other reasons.
- Are considering bridges, since implants do not rely on neighbouring teeth for support it is a lot more sturdy and durable. Therefore, ‘tooth-saving’.
(English) Benefits of an Implant:
- Strong and durable teeth
- Teeth that look and feel natural
- A more permanent solution for missing teeth
- Stops other teeth from misaligning by filling in the gap.
- Reduces speech impediment.
- Tooth replacement matches the colour of neighbouring teeth.
- Boost in confidence and restoration of a beautiful smile
(English) What is the Process?
(English) Step 1: Pre-Surgical Evaluation
(English) Due to a missing tooth or removal, the implantologist takes a thorough examination with X-rays and 3-D CT scans, to assess the bone density and volume.
(English) Step 2: First Surgery
(English) With local anaesthetics, the implant is placed into the jaw. During the next three to four months, the implant and the bone will bond together to become an anchor for the artificial tooth placed on top. A temporary tooth replacement option can be worn over the implant site.
(English) Step 3: Second Surgery
(English) After the implant and bone had bonded, a small metal post called an abutment is attached above. The function of the post is to become the support for a replacement tooth. The gums will be allowed to heal for a couple of weeks following this procedure.
(English) Step 4: Restoration
(English) Impressions are taken of the abutment and a tooth is created from its shape. This crown is attached to the implant and makes a replacement crown that will attach to the implant. Once completed, the patient will experience restored confidence in their smile
(English) Step 5: Follow Up Care
(English) It is important to regulate oral hygiene care; we will schedule follow-up visits to monitor the implant, teeth and gums to make sure that they are healthy.
(English) If you are looking for affordable dental implants in Sydney, contact our branches and we’ll find the best options specifically catered for you.